Good morning Dreamers! I am happy to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Send Sunshine. I am so honored that she nominated me. Please check her blog out of this accomplished author and all around great person! Thanks again.
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions
So what are some random facts about me? Hmm……
11. I have an eclectic taste in music. I love everything from Hip Hop to Rock, Alternative to Instrumentals. A little bit of country and don’t tell my wife because I used to tease her about liking it. Matter of fact right now I am listening to the Vitamin String Quartet. I will save the surprise and let you check them out yourself.
10. I am a Gemini. Enough said about that.
9. I am currently reading three different books. One is fiction, another nonfiction, and the last is a self help book. Wild, huh?
8. I am the father to three beautiful daughters. I love them, but I need a little boy around. My wife says my youngest is a tomboy. I will take what I can get now that I think about it!
7. November 1, 2014 my official retirement packet will be submitted to the Department of the Army (bigwigs in Washington, D.C.). Hopefully they will grant me retirement and allow me to pursue my dreams (one being this blog).
6. I am an aspiring Vetrepreneur (an entrepreneur who happens to be a Veteran). I plan to start my own company helping as many people as I can in all areas of their life.
5. I love hot Korean noodles. I spent three separate assignments in South Korea. Two times I specifically went back because of the food and the culture.
4 I love reality television. In my defense, my job is very serious (too much in fact) so I like to see if other’s lives are as chaotic as mine.
3. I have watched more Bubble Guppies, Strawberry Shortcake, and Yo Gabba Gabba shows than I care to admit. I am worn out!
2. Today I have been in the Army for 22 years! It has been very difficult, but very rewarding at the same time. My main accomplishment has been helping others realize their dreams and accomplish phenomenal things.
1. I love my wife and daughters so much. I secretly like being the only man in the house. But don’t tell them that.
My 11 questions and the answers………
- Do you floss, regularly? No. My wife hates it and I know I need to.
- I love to pay it forward … Do You? Yes!! Have You? I do it a lot. Instinctively. Will You? Always.
- What is the one thing you refuse in your lifetime not to do? I will never go streaking!
- What is your biggest fear? That all my ideas will die with me and I won’t be able to share them with the world.
- Do you talk to strangers? I often have. My military training speaks against it, but I been trying to approach people differently now.
- What is your favorite music genre? Everything!
- Will you smile even when you don’t feel like it? Rarely, but I am making an effort to do so.
- How will you make an impact in life? This blog and my future companies. I plan to make an impact in the lives of all those I can reach with my words. Hang around for the journey.
- What is the worst thing you have done that really wasn’t that bad? As a young Soldier on my first tour in Korea, I was driving a fairly large vehicle, hit a telephone pole, and tore the mirror off the vehicle. I was scare to go back to my unit. I eventually did and all they had me do was replace the mirror. The lesson: you break it, you fix it.
- Have you every cried in the movie theater? Yes. Saving Private Ryan.
- Do you sing out loud where everyone can hear you? Yes and I have done karaoke. My days in Korea were great.
My 11 nominees are………
My 11 questions for my nominees……
11. What is the one thing you would do if you could never fail at it?
10. Do you believe in Zodiac signs? What’s your sign?
9. If you could eat any food every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. Cat person? Dog person??
7. Famous person that you could have a conversation with? Alive? Deceased?
6. Dream vacation?
5. What mark do you hope to leave on the world?
4. Describe your blog in one world?
3. Favorite book of all time?
2. Do you remember the name of your best friend from elementary (grade) school?
1. If you could live in any time period which one would it be? Why?
So there you have it. Thanks again for the nomination! Congrats to the nominees and can’t wait to read the answers to your questions.