Think to Become.

We can try each day to train our body to perform the most difficult feats.  We can try and learn and speak a different language in less than a year.  We can apply and hope to graduate from a top-notch college or university.

But we are forgetting one important thing.  The mind.  Nothing is possible without training the mind.  You see the mind is the most complex yet fascinating part of the human body.  Nothing can be accomplished without first convincing the mind.  Plain and simple.

So what’s the difference between you and Oprah Winfrey, President Obama, etc?  Mindset.  That’s it.  They have programmed their minds to see past the words no and I can’t and you will never  to accomplish amazing things.

And don’t dare sit there and say, “I can never become famous like them. They have it all.”  The point is not for you to be like them.  The point is not to become famous, but for you to become the best version of you. Whatever that is.  We weren’t created to follow in the footsteps of others.  We were created to do what makes us happy and gives us a sense of fulfillment.

You want to become a dancer?  Do it.  You want to write a book?  Start now.  You want to become the greatest singer? Practice.  The point is you must get it into your head that you want this more than anything.  Then every morning when your feet hit the ground, tell yourself this: I am the best _________ and I am going to do more of __________ to get one step closer.

Try it for one week and tell me on Saturday whether you feel any differently.

What are you going to tell yourself today to make you that much better?

19 thoughts on “Think to Become.

1. berryduchess June 29, 2015 / 4:56 pm

sometimes it is harder than we think because the people around us affect us; what’s harder is when our own family does not believe that we can do it. But true enough, when you believe you can, you will definitely will. Mind conditioning or power of the mind, yes, thats real. 😀 sometimes dreaming alone is not a bad thing 😀

• Antonio V. June 29, 2015 / 5:00 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from, Berryduchess. It’s hard to continue to believe in your dreams when others do not. It’s a tough thing to go through. I know personally. But we can do it. Don’t ever give up and keep dreaming!

• berryduchess June 29, 2015 / 5:06 pm

oh yes! I may have isolated myself for some time but it helped me. I needed to help myself, so here I am, still dreaming and moving on. 😀 t

2. sweetteaandhydrangeas June 29, 2015 / 8:38 pm

I agree! Training the mind is a great way to better ourselves in the long run. It is not always easy but if we hold ourselves accountable to reaching for what we think is the “unreachable”, we can do anything we set our minds to. Great post!

• Antonio V. June 29, 2015 / 8:45 pm

You are so right. We can achieve anything as long as we know it may take some time. Nothing is impossible. Thanks for reading!

3. sachacreate June 29, 2015 / 8:51 pm

This is awesome…really great post ill be sharing and practicing the exercise above i am the best 🙂

4. Jessica June 29, 2015 / 10:15 pm

LOVE THIS POST!! It is hard to believe in yourself sometimes when it feels no one else does so being able to train your mind to believe you can do anything is awesome. I am still amazed at what I can at the the gym each time I go. It’s the small things that add up to believing you can do great things.

• Antonio V. June 29, 2015 / 10:41 pm

You are so right Jessica. By you starting small you can accomplish more than you ever thought you could. Good job and thanks for reading!

5. Aisha Johnson Adams June 30, 2015 / 12:54 am

I feel like mindset is huge part of success… We need positive affirmations, rest, exercise, and to eat well… These things keep the mind clear and focused… Plus, you have to plant seed.. when things sprout you feel good. Thanks for such an insightful post…

• Antonio V. June 30, 2015 / 1:01 am

Thank you for an insightful comment, Aisha. 🙂

6. Jazmine June 30, 2015 / 2:52 am

Though agree with what you’re saying. We can try just about everything and anything we put our mind too. I know sometimes we’re not meant to do everything we want. Such a great post. I enjoyed reading it.

• Antonio V. June 30, 2015 / 2:59 am

During the course of pursuing new things we may find that they are not for us. And that is ok, because the journey is the best part to me personally. We can always grow from these experiences. I appreciate you reading and commenting Jazmine. 🙂

7. byecomparison June 30, 2015 / 4:28 pm

Such great advice. It’s not that anything just fell into the laps of the very successful. They work and persist because their minds are set.

• Antonio V. June 30, 2015 / 4:31 pm

So true. The successful realize early that it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Thanks for commenting! 🙂

8. Z July 9, 2015 / 4:16 pm

The mind is so powerful. The more we hear, speak, or think something, the more we believe it. So instead of filling our minds with pity parties, negativity, or incidents that happened years ago, shape your mind [now] to be who/what you want to become in the future. It’s easier said than done-of course it is- but believe that you can do it and act on it! To anyone reading this stay encouraged and “Think to Become”. #GFEpart2

• Antonio V. July 9, 2015 / 4:20 pm

Wonderful words! Thank you for writing them.