What Do You Deserve In Life?

What exactly in life do you think you deserve?  A big house?  A nice job?  A beautiful spouse on your arm?  What if I told you that you honestly don’t deserve any of it.  Not one bit.  Not if you don’t work for it.

Many of us, not all, have someone been raised with a sense of entitlement.  As if because we were born, the world owes you any and everything that you want and desire.  That because of the work that our parents or ancestors have done we someone is entitled to a pass over hard hips, turmoil, trials and tribulation.

I want to tell you that if you feel that way and you are reading this blog you are in the wrong place.  My blog is not for you.  Though I love having followers and talking with you all, I can’t deal with those who feel that particular.  I don’t do entitlement.

Well, let me take that back.  I don’t care for people who have a sense of entitlement and have done nothing to warrant it.  I do, however, feel that we are all entitled to achieve our dreams.  We are entitled to be always striving for greatness.

But do you deserve it?  I say yes and can say it with conviction.  I know you deserve to not struggle your whole life with money, weight, or self-esteem.  I know you deserve to come out on top as much as possible.

But you and only you can get you there.  Only you can get what you deserve.  You can have all the right mentors, friends, coaches, etc. But if you don’t put in the work, it will never work for you.

We don’t simply deserve something because we are living and breathing on this planet earth.  Every specimen on this planet has to work hard for what they deserve. Why would you be any different?  Really.

Time is of the essence.  We don’t have to debate what you think about the subject.   Stop telling me your hustling.  Stop being everywhere but on the journey to fulfilling your dreams. It’s time to do work.

Have at it.

23 thoughts on “What Do You Deserve In Life?

1. Drew Sheldon January 27, 2016 / 12:32 pm

This is very well said. I like how you included, “I know you deserve to not struggle your whole life with money, weight, or self-esteem. I know you deserve to come out on top as much as possible.” Then you went back to the point of saying you have to work for the things you want in life. Did I mention that this whole thing was well said? It very much was.

• Antonio V. January 27, 2016 / 12:35 pm

Thanks Drew. Just been something on my mind this week and wanted to make it quick and to the point. Thanks again, Brother!!

2. Daniel Quintanilla January 27, 2016 / 1:22 pm

Great post! Yes, no one owes you anything in this world. You have to work hard for whatever it is you want because your opportunity will not fall out of the sky. In this life, there are no short cuts.

3. Jazmine January 27, 2016 / 3:21 pm

Such a well written post on such a relevant deliema in today’s society. Adrew Cargnie said “Anything in life worth having is worth working for”.

• Antonio V. January 27, 2016 / 9:16 pm

Thank you Jazmine. Yes Andrew was very right. 🙂

4. nurechia February 1, 2016 / 12:40 am

Great Post! I agree with everything that you mentioned! I think much of what is going on in society now is due to a false sense of entitlement! I really enjoyed this post!

• Antonio V. February 1, 2016 / 12:42 am

Thank you for reading. I absolutely agree, NuRechia. We have to drop the persona of entitlement and get back to hard work!! Thanks again!

5. Mona Elissa February 1, 2016 / 10:11 am

I love this. It reminds me of a quote from Mindy Kaling about working hard to earn your confidence.

• Antonio V. February 1, 2016 / 10:31 am

Thank you Mona! We have to work hard and feel more rewarded in the end. It packs a big boost to your confidence! Thanks for commenting. 🙂

6. Ashley February 2, 2016 / 12:56 am

I agree! This is also the reason why start-ups don’t take up and a lot of people give up within 30 days, no one is willing to put the work in to get the results!!

• Antonio V. February 2, 2016 / 1:01 am

Absolutely right, Ashley. It’s a marathon not a sprint. But when our new culture is built on instant gratification it’s hard to teach this. Thanks for commenting!!

7. Sarah February 2, 2016 / 2:54 pm

I really love reading your posts. I frequently feel like any time I am reading I am shaking my head “yes” and in total agreement. It blows my mind through out the day how many conversations I overhear (probably because I am nosey) between people complaining that they don’t have this or that or whining because someone didn’t do something for them. The way I see it, we all have the same opportunities in life but the difference is how people choose to use them!

• Antonio V. February 2, 2016 / 5:37 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sarah. That means a lot. 🙂

• Antonio V. February 2, 2016 / 5:38 pm

And you are absolutely correct. We all have the same amount of time in the day

• Antonio V. March 4, 2016 / 12:37 pm

This one was very special for me. Thank you.

8. Silly Mummy March 4, 2016 / 5:13 pm

I so agree with this. That sense of entitlement is a common affliction of those fortunate enough to live in relatively prosperous countries like the US & UK in my view.

• Antonio V. March 4, 2016 / 10:08 pm

Yes, it’s like it’s ingrained in our DNA. Troubling.